Can you describe the staffing process ?
* Manpower requirements- The very first step in staffing is to plan the manpower inventory required by a concern in order to match them with the job requirements and demands.
Therefore, it involves forecasting and determining the future manpower needs of the concern.
* Deciding the specific jobs and its description and the job specifications required to achieve the effective performance.
* Recruitment- Once the requirements are notified, the concern invites and solicits applications according to the invitations made to the desirable candidates.
So our company will make an internal and external announcement to attract the best expertise.
* Selection- This is the screening step of staffing in which the solicited applications are screened out and suitable candidates are appointed as per the requirements.
* Orientation and Placement- Once screening takes place, the appointed candidates are made familiar to the work units and work environment through the orientation programmes.
placement takes place by putting right man on the right job.
* Training and Development- Training is a part of incentives given to the workers in order to develop and grow them within the concern.
Training is generally given according to the nature of activities and scope of expansion in it.
Along with it, the workers are developed by providing them extra benefits of indepth knowledge of their functional areas.
Development also includes giving them key and important jobsas a test or examination in order to analyse their performances.
* Remuneration- It is a kind of compensation provided monetarily to the employees for their work performances.
This is given according to the nature of job- skilled or unskilled, physical or mental, etc.
Remuneration forms an important monetary incentive for the employees.
* Performance Evaluation- In order to keep a track or record of the behaviour, attitudes as well as opinions of the workers towards their jobs.
For this regular assessment is done to evaluate and supervise different work units in a concern.
It is basically concerning to know the development cycle and growth patterns of the employeesin a concern.
* Promotion and transfer- Promotion is said to be a non- monetary incentive in which the worker is shifted from a higher job demanding bigger responsibilities as well as shifting the workers and transferring them to different work units and branches of the same organization.
And there is not a solid pyramid scheme and traditional chain of authority but a flexible one where people are awarded by their performance not just the time they spend.
And there is a transparency and quality group circles where the workers are helping each others by peer to peer review and evaluating each others with a confrontational soul so that they can fix their mistakes quickly and communicating with the higher levels if there is any mistake.
Mr. Mohamed Nabil Elmasry